Used with a trap, this pheromone lure provides an effective tool for monitoring populations of sweet potato weevil (Cylas formicarius).
Tips for use
- Instal traps containing the lure in the field at planting
- Place a few centimetres of water in the bottom of the trap
- Deploy at a rate of between 1 trap per hectare (for small blocks) and 1 trap per 5 hectares (for large blocks)
- Place traps at 30 cm above the ground, or place the top of the trap level with top of the crop canopy
- Check traps weekly – empty out captured beetles and record numbers (measure volumetrically for big catches)
- Replace lures every 4-6 weeks