- A 10 x 25 cm yellow sticky trap
- Made of cardboard with glue on both sides (download glue material safety data sheet)
- Attracts harmful flying insects such as whitefly, fungus gnats, aphids and thrips
- A tool for early detection and monitoring
Benefits of Bugs for Bugs yellow sticky traps
- Made of biodegradable materials
- The long-lasting glue is non-toxic, water-repellent and does not dry out in hot conditions
- A grid on each side of the trap makes counting easier
How does it work?
- Peel open and reverse-fold the trap to expose the sticky surface
- Hang the trap on a plant, post or wire using the twist-tie supplied
- Most flying insects are naturally attracted by the yellow colour and they stick to the trap
- Check for and count pest insects on traps at least once a week to detect new infestations and monitor trends in existing pest populations
- These traps are suitable for use both indoors and outdoors, however they may deteriorate somewhat if they are left in the field exposed to heavy rain or overhead irrigation for an extended period
Please note that users of sticky traps in Victoria are required to install a protective cage or structure to keep animals out. In protected cropping the greenhouse structure acts as a sufficient barrier, but in outdoor crops additional measures must be taken to protect wildlife.