ThriPher lures contain a sexual aggregation pheromone to attract western flower thrips (WFT, Frankliniella occidentalis). Both male and female adult WFT are attracted and lured away from their shelters. This pheromone is specific to WFT and causes no harm to beneficial insects and mites.
Thrips are often present in a crop for some time before they are detected on sticky traps. As a consequence, a thrips population can grow without being noticed. The use of ThriPher in combination with blue sticky traps improves early detection of WFT and enables growers to manage this pest more efficiently with natural enemies or other crop protection products.
Benefits of ThriPher
- Attracts two to three times as many WFT to the sticky trap compared to using the sticky trap alone
- Improves early detection of WFT
- Increases the exposure of WFT to natural enemies or other crop protection products
How to use ThriPher
- Attach the ThriPher lure to the sticky trap
- Place the trap maximum 30 cm above the crop
- Use 1 lure per 100 m²
- Replace the lures after 4 to 6 weeks
- Replace the sticky traps as soon as they are completely covered with thrips
- Use gloves when you touch the lures to prevent any loss of efficacy
Packaging and storage
ThriPher lures are delivered in a hermetic pack containing 10 lures. Sealed packs can be stored at 4°C for 8 weeks and at -18°C for up to 2 years.