This is a replacement wick for use in our Fruit Fly Trap Pro.
How does it work?
- Q Fly Wicks consist of an cotton roll housed in a specially designed plastic retainer
- The cotton wick is impregnated with a powerful sex attractant (cue lure) and an insecticide (Maldison)
- Male fruit flies are attracted from distances of up to 400m and collect in the trap where they can be counted
How often does the wick need to be replaced?
- Q Fly Wicks should be replaced in the traps every 3 months
- View product Safety Data Sheet here
- For information about fruit fly management view our Fruit Fly Toolkit
- For information about fruit fly biology visit our fruit flies page
- Be aware that Q Fly Wicks are sold as a single pack only and are registered for use in our fruit fly traps as a monitoring tool. When used for population suppression they are supplied in packs of 50 and as such are known as MAT cups (MAT = male annihilation technique).